Beethoven 250th Anniversary Celebration
- BEETHOVEN (1770-1827): Symphony No. 9
- featuring Neil Nelson, bass-baritone
- Robyn Lamp, soprano
- Mabel Ledo, mezzo-soprano
- Ray Gonzalez, tenor
- along with full choir, directed by Dr. Giselle Elgarresta Rios
- SCHUMANN (1810-1856): Piano Concerto in A Minor, Op. 54 featuring Svetlana Smolina, piano
About this Concert
Happy Birthday to Beethoven!
2020 marks the 250th anniversary of Ludwig van Beethoven’s birth. You’re invited as we honor one of classical music’s greatest creative geniuses with a special presentation of his epic Symphony No. 9, with a full choir, led by Dr. Giselle Elgarresta Rios,
and the famous Ode to Joy finale, featuring bass-baritone Neil Nelson (returning to the SFSO stage following the triumphant Porgy and Bess last season); soprano soprano Robyn Lamp; mezzo-soprano Mabel Ledo; and tenor Ray Gonzalez. Also on the bill is Schumann’s beloved Piano Concerto. Audience favorite Svetlana Smolina returns to the SFSO stage to perform the Romantic masterpiece.
This celebration is not to be missed!
Download program notes for this concert